How to Choose a Roof Shingle Color
Choosing a color for the shingles on your roof can be a big decision, especially these days where there seems to be endless possibilities and colors to choose from. Like most things nowadays, there are yearly trends for roofs and roof colors. But there are other factors to think about other than what is simply on trend for the year.
Benefits of Choosing the Right Shingle Color For Your Home:
- Boost Curb Appeal (Are you selling soon? This is a great way to show how beautiful your home truly is)
- Investment Opportunity
Choosing The Right Color:
- Match/Accent Your Homes Siding Color
- When in Doubt: Go With Timeless Colors like Grey or Brown
- Assess Your Sidings Texture: For instance, is your siding cedar shakes or metal? It may not look as good with a basic roofing shingle.
- Location, Location, Location! If you live in a hot climate, choosing a lighter color roof will help reflect the powerful UV rays.
- Check out what your neighbors are using! If one of your neighbors has recently gotten a new roof or repairs, they might have some insight on what you should do next!
Most Popular 2022 Roof Colors:
- Light Brown Hues
- Dark Brown Hues
- Blue Hues
- Green Hues
- Off White Hues
If you have any questions or are looking to update your roof this year, please give H&H a call. We are here to help and excited to answer any questions you may have.